Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie

From the media section in iMovie. how do I delete my photos that I wanted to use in library and my movie. Basically just delete everything

?

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 9:33 PM

Hi,

If the photos were imported into an event, you can delete the event and that will delete the media in the event. You must delete the event itself, not just the individual media in it, in order to remove the media from your iMovie library.

Another way is to select an individual media clip in the browser view or timeline and then do a File/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up showing as highlighted the clip that you selected. Then just delete it from that folder like you would from any Finder folder. That will delete it from your iMovie library.

Be aware that when you delete media from your iMovie library you delete it from all projects that are using it. The thumbnail will just display a question mark and will not be usable, effectively disabling the project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 9:33 PM in response to helping-me123

Hi,

If the photos were imported into an event, you can delete the event and that will delete the media in the event. You must delete the event itself, not just the individual media in it, in order to remove the media from your iMovie library.

Another way is to select an individual media clip in the browser view or timeline and then do a File/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up showing as highlighted the clip that you selected. Then just delete it from that folder like you would from any Finder folder. That will delete it from your iMovie library.

Be aware that when you delete media from your iMovie library you delete it from all projects that are using it. The thumbnail will just display a question mark and will not be usable, effectively disabling the project.

-- Rich

imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.