Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TV 4K using too much data when sleep

I have an APPLE TV 4K i found it burned 2700 GB in just 25 days. My normal streaming I dont even use 300GB over the entire month. I monitored the traffic in my router, when I power up my apple tv the traffic graph goes up sky high immediate and transferring data consistently for hours together even when I am not watching anything. The moment I get to home screen the transfer gets to normal rates and based on my stream videos. When it goes back to sleep the pattern repeats itself. My Asus router identifies the culprit program as iTunes, I dont stream my movies from iTunes, I only use netflix and prime video. Am not sure what Apple TV is doing, i tried force quitting apps, restarting apple tv but no avail it hogs data like maniac

Attached some screenshots from my router stats, if some one can throw some light at it, it has been driving me crazy.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 1, 2020 6:37 AM in response to vazandrew

I have checked ISP the culprit is definitely apple tv, the moment I power on its sucking data like crazy, in 2-3 minutes of boot and 3-5 gb is gone and keeps sucking until I operate the menus. I also pulled power cord and checked instantly my data consumption bars dropped to the floor. Definitely something wrong with Apple TV 4k. In the same network I have a non-4k tv connected via same LAN, I am not seeing the same behaviour there, both have latest TVOS. For now I have no choice but to remove power from my apple tv, it is disappointing to use it just as a paper weight, such a shame!

APPLE TV 4K using too much data when sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.