Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotkeys

I tried to create a Mail keyboard shortcut to "archive" (control, command, A). After saving it, the modifier keystrokes were not saved, just "A" and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 5:22 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 27, 2019 7:47 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Apologies, I thought this was an accessibility forum specific to voice control. I got here through a support page for that.

Let me start over. I am using voice control because of a mobility impairment. I'm trying to create commands under Accessibility > Voice Control, where I click "Commands...", hit the + to make a custom command,I give it the name "Archive" and assign the voice command (Press Control, Command, A) and then click "Done" to save it.

A screenshot of what I did is below.

However, it didn't work. So, I went back to take a look at the command again, and the modifier keys were no longer part of the command. I attached a screenshot of this below:

Does anyone have an idea why command would change after saving it?

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2019 8:54 AM in response to jpeth

Hi jpeth

I get the same result - I do not know why. I have managed to get other keyboard commands working with speech commands. I think this is a question for Apple. You can Email: accessibility@apple.com

I appreciate this is not the answer to your question but it might be a suitable workaround. I use the command "Click Archive" to archive mail messages. To do this you just need to make sure the Archive button is on the toolbar. You can add this using the Customise Toolbar option in the view menu.

hotkeys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.