Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get keyboard shortcut to work for retime 4x

I'm trying to make a custom keyboard shortcut for retime 4x

Watched some youtubes on how to do custom keyboard shortcuts but cannot get this thing working...

I've made a duplicate of the keyboard, then am holding down CMD+S in this case, which brings up the menu. The key S is gray so as far as I know it's 'available' to be assigned for this shortcut...

But nothing happens (?) I never get the option to click Save. That button is always grayed out

And the modifiers never appear where I have drawn the red box.

Am I doing something simple wrong? Please someone let me know how I can get this done.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:17 AM

Using Command-S for anything other than “Save” is probably not the best idea, but from what I can tell, you have NOT selected the Command modifier (see the top of the window); also, what exactly are you doing to associate the shortcut? I have not done this in a long time and I am not at my mac to check, but you should probably DRAG the desired command over the shortcut or something like that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 7:17 AM in response to dan_daniels

Using Command-S for anything other than “Save” is probably not the best idea, but from what I can tell, you have NOT selected the Command modifier (see the top of the window); also, what exactly are you doing to associate the shortcut? I have not done this in a long time and I am not at my mac to check, but you should probably DRAG the desired command over the shortcut or something like that.

Can't get keyboard shortcut to work for retime 4x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.