Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing pictures

I’ve had this problem for a long time and it is really bothering me. I can’t erase any of the pictures in my phone that has been transferred to my Mac via itunes. They are automatically saved copies that I never wanted to be there in the first placed. I’ve googled this and havent found any solution, just the suggestion not to use itunes again. Does anyone know a eat to erase my unwanted pictures?

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 6:52 PM

Hey there Andy4986,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some photos on your iPhone that you cannot delete. I’ll be happy to help with this.

‘If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.’ Take a look at the steps under ‘Turn off iTunes syncing’ from this article for more info:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 6:52 PM in response to Aleksis83

Hey there Andy4986,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some photos on your iPhone that you cannot delete. I’ll be happy to help with this.

‘If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.’ Take a look at the steps under ‘Turn off iTunes syncing’ from this article for more info:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

I hope this helps.

Erasing pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.