You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji keyboard

Hi. I’ve encountered some problems with my emoji keyboard. When I’m switching to it, it doesn’t show at the ‘frequently used’ it ALWAYS show a lot more to the right side. Secondly, the emojis that I’ve used won’t appear in the frequent too. I’ve tried several ways like reset the keyboard dictionary, delete the keyboard and reboot the phone but the problem is still there. 😰

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:30 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2019 12:01 PM in response to mund_jun

Hello mund_jun and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with how Recently Used emojis appear when using the Notes app.

The header should say Recently Used and the screenshot shows only Used. Are you able to swipe right to reveal the rest of the section?

Is this an issue only when using the Notes app or is it present in all apps when using the emoji keyboard?

Is the device running iOS 13.3? If it is not, does updating resolve the issue?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Dec 30, 2019 8:53 AM in response to mund_jun

Hi mund_jun.

As you're already running the most up-to-date version of iOS and this is affecting a range of apps, you may need to consider reinstalling iOS on your device. While this shouldn’t affect any data stored on the iPhone, it would be a good idea to make sure you’ve got a backup in place:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you’ve successfully backed up your device, follow these steps to reinstall iOS, making sure to choose “Update” when prompted:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Dec 30, 2019 7:39 AM in response to revbill222

Hey again. Yes, I am able to swipe to the right to reveal the other side and the header shows “Recently Used”. But it doesn’t remember where I exit on my emoji keyboard. When I switch between the keyboards, it will just come to the same place where the header will show “Used”.

The “Recently used” column won’t update to the latest emojis that I’ve used too. It just shows the same old one from iOS 12. A friend of mine is facing this problem too.

All these issues occur in all the apps when I’m using the emoji keyboard not just the Notes app.

My iPhone 8 Plus is currently running iOS 13.3 which I’ve just updated not long ago.

Emoji keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.