Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro Sudden Battery Drain

Hello Everyone!

I recently have bought AirPods Pro and have experienced a few battery issues. After about and hour or so of using them either the right or left AirPod suddenly drops its percentage. For example on will be on 78% (seems normal) and the other will be on 40% or so. The one on 40% will stay on that until the other AirPods reaches the same percentage. From there they both go down together. I am not the only one experiencing this though.

One of my friends received AirPods pro and is having the same problem. Both sets of AirPods were received from Apple Brisbane (Australia).

Could there be a new firmware update coming up to fix this? I will attach a few photos so you can see them in action. Both AirPods were used for the same amount of time with noise cancelation or transparency mode and the microphones are on automatic.

Above is the AirPods after a while of use

Above is longer period of use. The right AirPod has drained dramatically. Doesn’t always happen on the same AirPod, as in has happened to the left on before as seen below.

For a deeper explanation, referred to in the above picture, the left will stay on that percentage until the right slowly goes down to that same 50% from there on they will go down together and not as different AirPods as seen below

As I said before, these AirPods were purchased only a week ago. All usage has been on both AirPods the same amount of time with either noise cancelation or transparency mode. Hopefully something will fix this. I have also tried fully draining both batteries (might calibrate the battery) and resetting it by both holding the back button for 15 seconds and forgetting the device.

Sorry I had to put this in the iPhone section because Apple hasn’t made a community section for AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Thanks Kurt

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:58 AM

Hey KurtABum,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions about your AirPods Pro battery life.

You have definitely taken some great troubleshooting steps already, so awesome job there. Do you ever pair your AirPods with another device? If so, does the same behavior happen there? If you never have, are you able to pair them with a different device and test?

You mentioned this behavior can also happen with either AirPod, are you noticing if the AirPod that is set for Microphone is the one that this happens with? Check out how to change that here: Adjust the settings on your AirPods

Also, about how long do your AirPods last on a full charge?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 11:58 AM in response to KurtABum

Hey KurtABum,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions about your AirPods Pro battery life.

You have definitely taken some great troubleshooting steps already, so awesome job there. Do you ever pair your AirPods with another device? If so, does the same behavior happen there? If you never have, are you able to pair them with a different device and test?

You mentioned this behavior can also happen with either AirPod, are you noticing if the AirPod that is set for Microphone is the one that this happens with? Check out how to change that here: Adjust the settings on your AirPods

Also, about how long do your AirPods last on a full charge?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

AirPods Pro Sudden Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.