Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods draining / charging issues

What's happening to my Airpods is very unusual, and it's happening to both the left and right airpod. When I use them, after about 10-15 minutes of talk time, each/either Airpod drains from 100% charge to "low battery" or anywhere from 10%-20%. What's odd is, when I plug them back into the case, after about 1 minute in the case, they're back up to 100% (or somewhere around there, I just tested it and they jumped to 97% after about 45 seconds in the case). It's as if they're falsely reading no charge while in use, but "reset" when they get put back in the case.

I've de-paired and re-paired them to my phone, but that didn't seem to do the trick. I've also let them drain completely and charged them from dead and that didn't seem to help either. I basically have to use them one at a time, and then swap them out when they deplete so they can reset to what the battery truly is in each Airpod. They're only about 3 years old, and I understand the battery get's trained over time, but it seems strange that at this age instead of holding a few hours of charge, they're not even holding 30 minutes of charge.

Hopefully that made sense, and with luck someone else might be familiar with this issue/problem.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 1:44 PM

Rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a charge overtime.

From what you have described, that has happened.

It is time to replace them.

Similar questions

1 reply

Airpods draining / charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.