Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to get data out of my broken iphone 6s.

A couple of days ago I completely obliterated my iphone 6s, it broke into two pieces (screen was separated from the body, as I can see motherboard didn't break). I want to get my data out of my phone (pictures, contacts etc.), I didn't use iCloud because it was too expensive for me. I tried connecting the body to the pc, but it didn't work. Is there any way I could get back my data?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Liutauras32 wrote:
Why would my phone be disabled?

However it got damaged could have rendered it permanently disabled.

Since your primary concern is getting the data off, then maybe a third party could help you. Theoretically Apple (not sure if you’re near an Apple Store) might even help if it’s only a damaged screen assembly, although going to Apple comes with the risk that they might opt to replace or they reset the device for one reason or another.

If there’s damage to the case that prevents a new screen from being properly attached, then Apple most definitely won’t replace the screen assembly. They consider it the responsibility of the user to back up. A third party might attempt to simply connect a working screen assembly - possibly as a temporary measure to get it to work and back up to a computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 8:37 AM in response to Liutauras32

Liutauras32 wrote:
Why would my phone be disabled?

However it got damaged could have rendered it permanently disabled.

Since your primary concern is getting the data off, then maybe a third party could help you. Theoretically Apple (not sure if you’re near an Apple Store) might even help if it’s only a damaged screen assembly, although going to Apple comes with the risk that they might opt to replace or they reset the device for one reason or another.

If there’s damage to the case that prevents a new screen from being properly attached, then Apple most definitely won’t replace the screen assembly. They consider it the responsibility of the user to back up. A third party might attempt to simply connect a working screen assembly - possibly as a temporary measure to get it to work and back up to a computer.

Dec 27, 2019 7:28 AM in response to Liutauras32

Nope. It's way too late for that.

If you didn't back it up, the data is most likely gone for good.

A 3rd party might be willing to try getting the device to the point where it will boot, but assuming you were using a passcode on it, the odds of the phone not already being disabled, which will render any data completely unrecoverable, are minuscule.

Want to get data out of my broken iphone 6s.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.