Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos from iPhone error

Hi,

I am importing photos in to Photos from my iPhone. As normal it displays the number of photos which has already been imported and the number of new photos (35, if that helps). When I click 'import all new photos" every looks like it is working, a little loading circle is shown up the top.

However, none of the photo actually import, and the same amount of 'new photos' is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 5:43 AM

Is your Photos Library on a volume, that is supported by Photos?

You can get the Importing error, if the library needs repairing or is on a volume, that is not compatible with Photos.

If your Photos Library is on an external volume, check if it meets the conditions described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac – Apple Support

The library must not be on a network volume or a volume, that is used for Time Machine backups or has an incorrect file system format.

You may need to repair the library, but do not try to repair the library without making a current backup. And do not try to repair it on an unsupported external volume.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 5:43 AM in response to Harrlody

Is your Photos Library on a volume, that is supported by Photos?

You can get the Importing error, if the library needs repairing or is on a volume, that is not compatible with Photos.

If your Photos Library is on an external volume, check if it meets the conditions described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac – Apple Support

The library must not be on a network volume or a volume, that is used for Time Machine backups or has an incorrect file system format.

You may need to repair the library, but do not try to repair the library without making a current backup. And do not try to repair it on an unsupported external volume.

Importing photos from iPhone error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.