Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

separate audio channels in multicam editing

Trying to edit a Multicam clip. Audio that I want to use is on camera 1. Camera mic is on channel 1 of that camera and Lav mic audio is on channel 2. I want to mix in more Lav mic audio but in Multicam I can find no way to separate and adjust the two audio tracks separately. When I view the clip on the timeline by itself, you can "Expand Audio Components" but in the Multicam function, the "Expand Audio Component" feature is greyed out.

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 8:33 AM

Thank you so much for responding Tom.

Yes, it is there. I thought I had everything set just as you stated. I guess I was too tired. It seems you can't view the separate tracks when the multicam clip is expanded to view all the individual clips however. That's okay as I don't need to control it then. I don't know what I missed. I'm still not very familiar with FCPX. I was an old FCP user and loved that program. I've been away from video editing for several years now but wanting to get back into it.

Thank you again so much Tom!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 8:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you so much for responding Tom.

Yes, it is there. I thought I had everything set just as you stated. I guess I was too tired. It seems you can't view the separate tracks when the multicam clip is expanded to view all the individual clips however. That's okay as I don't need to control it then. I don't know what I missed. I'm still not very familiar with FCPX. I was an old FCP user and loved that program. I've been away from video editing for several years now but wanting to get back into it.

Thank you again so much Tom!

separate audio channels in multicam editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.