You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil 2nd generation not charging after update

I just updated my ipad pro to ios 12.3.1, and I noticed that my apple pencil is not charging anymore,

its battery shows 0%.

I tried to reboot and reset the settings and I searched for similar problems but nothing helped.

anyone had this problem after updating.

I am using 12.9 inches iPad pro 2018 with 2nd generation Apple Pencil

———————

okay so I was searching for an answer for this question because it happened to me just a few hours ago from now, exactly, it says 0% and I did put it to charge and it didn’t charge when I saw some say that you have to charge it every now and then and not let the battery die I was like so do I have to buy a new pencil cuz I bought it online, but then I had a thought in my mind that I wanted to try

and surprisingly it worked

SO all I did was taking off the silicon cover that I use for my Apple Pencil and at the same time I closed the iPad pros Bluetooth and opened it again and then I put my pencil without the silicon cover and after a few minutes it says 55% O.o and it’s working, therefore I don’t know what was the problem but it was either that I had to close and open the Bluetooth or that I took off the cover of the Apple Pencil, let me know if this helped

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:11 AM

See this for instructions for using your Apple Pencil, as well as how to charge it. I'm guessing that the cover you describe you had on the Pencil did not allow it to correctly connect to the iPad so it would charge. I don't believe it is designed to charge with a cover on it. Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2019 11:11 AM in response to Sakura098

See this for instructions for using your Apple Pencil, as well as how to charge it. I'm guessing that the cover you describe you had on the Pencil did not allow it to correctly connect to the iPad so it would charge. I don't believe it is designed to charge with a cover on it. Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.