Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s repeatedly crashes about once every minute of use

I'm currently using an Iphone 5s with the 11.0.1 IOS. Just today, out of the blue, it started crashing when I tried opening any app. By "crashing", I mean that the screen blacks out completely and shows a white loading circle before showing the lock screen. What is the cause of this issue and how do I solve it? I've seen a post online stating that downloading the latest IOS might solve any issues. The problem is, my phone crashes in the middle of the downloading. Even though the phone is still downloading the latest IOS when it starts up again, eventually, it will show an error message that states that I'm unable to download the update, even though it's clearly shown under the storage settings, and takes up space.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:08 PM

After trying for more than 3 hours, my phone suddenly downloaded the update, and it seems the issue is solved. Not sure where the exact issue is :(

1 reply

Iphone 5s repeatedly crashes about once every minute of use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.