Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't receive notifications/calls received on my whatsapp when my phone is ideal/locked for few minutes.

I don't receive notifications/calls received on my whatsapp when my phone is ideal/locked for few minutes. After I unlock the phone, I receive all messages/missed calls messages all at one. Why isn't it working when locked/ideal for sometime? Is it because the APN(Apple Push Notification) settings are not properly configured? Or is it something else. Kindly help. Currently I am facing this issue on my iPhone X XS and 11 Pro.

Because of this issue, I miss many important calls/messages that require immediate attention.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 10:57 PM

Make sure that you have your settings for WhatsApp set correctly-

Go to Settings-->>Notifications-->>WhatsApp

Make sure that all 3 options under Alerts have a check mark.

Scroll down to Options and locate Show Previews. Tap on Show Previews and choose Always.

You can then look all the way down and click on WhatsApp Notification Settings. Tapping on this will take you into the WhatsApp app notification setting. Make sure that all three switches/buttons that appear are turned ON.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 10:57 PM in response to akshatec33

Make sure that you have your settings for WhatsApp set correctly-

Go to Settings-->>Notifications-->>WhatsApp

Make sure that all 3 options under Alerts have a check mark.

Scroll down to Options and locate Show Previews. Tap on Show Previews and choose Always.

You can then look all the way down and click on WhatsApp Notification Settings. Tapping on this will take you into the WhatsApp app notification setting. Make sure that all three switches/buttons that appear are turned ON.

Axel F.

I don't receive notifications/calls received on my whatsapp when my phone is ideal/locked for few minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.