Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv app password loop

Hi all. I have a generation 7 Samsung TV with the Apple TV app installed (latest version updated December 20 2019). Whenever i try to rent a movie I get into a password loop: I enter my apple id password, it thinks for a few seconds and then asks for my password again. I have repeatedly tried to append a 6-digit authentication code generated by my iPad to my password following the directions in this thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250105989) but it does absolutely nothing. Just keeps asking for my password again. Why can’t the app just ask for a 6-digit code if it needs one?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

URU7100,

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 11:49 PM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2020 1:22 PM in response to hamish64

Hello hamish64,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue signing into the Apple TV app. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here are a few resources that can assist you:

Rent movies from the Apple TV app

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If you have any issues after reviewing the links, please let me know. Also, are you able to log into your Apple ID at www.icloud.com?

Have a great day!

Apple Tv app password loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.