Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are playlist(s) not part of the cloud?

It strikes me that after many years this issue is still on the table. I have a playlist (just the list, not the actual music) and I want it to be stored in the cloud automatically, so that I could access it from other devices. So far the only solution is to connect my iPhone by wire to a Mac and do a 1-to-1 sync. Come on Apple! Is this a joke? I'm paying for my iTunes music and iCloud storage, so this is how you reward me? Please don't tell me I have to pay for yet another service for such a trivial thing!

I kindly ask the responders to abstain from the technicalities. There is no excuse for such a simple thing not to work. Please use plain English, I don't have to be techie person and I expect a straight answer.

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 12:38 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 2, 2020 8:09 AM in response to lciobanu

This is a user to user technical support forum. We cannot answer why on behalf of Apple.

If you want the ability to have playlists (and non-store purchases) synced across multiple libraries and devices you need to pay for one or other of the iTunes Match or the Apple Music services. Apple Music also gives you access to nearly all of the iTunes music catalogue. TANSTAAFL.

tt2

Jan 2, 2020 10:19 AM in response to turingtest2

I appreciate the response, but I payed a lot of money over the years for my iTunes Music. I don't want Apple Music or any other payed service for a **** playlist. This is an essential feature and Apple should be ashamed! Very disappointed! I'm not the only one who raised this issue in the past. Nothing was done to fix it, instead Apple creates more services to make more money.

Jan 2, 2020 11:03 AM in response to lciobanu

But you've got exactly what you paid for. You're now asking for an additional benefit that was never part of Apple's offering to you for buying from its store. If you want another feature that costs money it is your choice to pay for it, or find a workaround. I use a portable external hard drive to keep the same library in sync across two different computers in two different locations. I can sync my devices to either of them. I've since taken to first iTunes Match (partly to upgrade some older 128k DRM content and partly just to experiment with it) and then switched to Apple Music as I now have some HomePods and appreciate the ask Siri to play anything feature. I'll likely ditch Apple Music at some point as I don't really get enough use out of it. I still don't rely on Apple Music to sync my media, but I appreciate the fact that I can add content or edit a playlist in one location and it gets added or updated elsewhere.

tt2

Why are playlist(s) not part of the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.