Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do only some of my playlists get synced to the cloud?

Hello,

I've recently subscribed to Apple Music, hoping to be able to access all my Apple Music playlists (currently on my iMac) on other devices like my iPhone. However, of the 40 or so playlists on my iMac, only 20 copy across to my iPhone. I've logged in to my online Apple Music account via a browser and discovered that it's only those 20 playlists that have copied to the cloud; my other playlists are not being synced.

As far as I can tell, my music is all there in the cloud (and on my phone) but I use Playlists for listening to music and most of my key ones aren't there.

I tried deleting a playlist on my iMac and then did an "Update Cloud Library" and the change was replicated in the cloud withon moments, but the deleted playlist wasn't replaced by one of the missing ones, so it's not a 20-playlist limit I'm encountering; it seems that half my playlists are simply not being recognised to upload to the cloud.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Jon

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:27 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Playlists with ineligible content are excluded from iCloud Music Library.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 28, 2020 4:42 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you - you're right.

I had added a number of albums to the playlists, not realising some booklets were also included in the albums. there were also a handful of tracks that were "Ineligible" for no good reason; I guess the files must have been corrupted in some way (odd, because some are individual tracks from albums that I've bought/imported and all the rest of the tracks from the same albums are fine). I've deleted all those tracks from the playlist and now it syncs just fine.

Many thanks tt2,

Jon

Why do only some of my playlists get synced to the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.