Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists not syncing between devices

This is a weird problem that has only recently started. I am having no trpouble syncing downloads between my apple devices. So if I download a song from Apple music on one device, it will show as a download on all my devices. The sync checkbox is ticked on all my devices.

However, when I try to add a song to a playlist, the playlist does not sync, so the added song does not appear in the same playlist on any other device.

If I click on 'update cloud library' in the file menu, the playlist does not update on other devices. Worse, the disappears from the playlist it was added to on the first device.

So syncing is working for any music downloaded from Apple, but syncing is not working when I add that song to a playlist. It seems like adding the song to the playlist doesn't register with Apple's cloud server, so that when I try to update the cloud library, the server thinks that the song I added to the playlist shouldn't be there, and deletes it from the playlist.

Any help appreciated.

I should add, OS is up to date on all devices.

Posted on May 21, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:25 PM

This has been an issue for several weeks for some users on Monterey. It is reportedly fixed in the latest build which I think came out on Monday. Try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music to open it in its safe mode, then test behaviour once more.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Playlists not syncing between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.