Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ratings in Music app disappeared from all views except Song view

I am trying hard to make this new Music app work with my large local library but it just falls short in every aspect compared to iTunes. I am all for change if it improves the user experience. But in this case Apple removed a functioning music library manager with a crippled app to stream Apple Music. I rate songs and albums and have been doing this for a long time. The same is true when using my iPhone, and I could even "sync" it back to iTunes while manually managing it. This is great for creating smart playlists based on ratings. iTunes showed ratings in Artist and album view and you could easily and conveniently apply ratings, or just use right click. Now ratings are gone from album and artist view and even gone from the contextual menu (right click). Please post your feedback at www.apple.com/feedback if you want this feature returned to all views.

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 4:41 AM

Never mind, it's a simple check box under Settings/General to show star ratings in all views. Another setting that gets switched off by default. I have multiple libraries and must have forgotten to turn this view on for this particular one.

Similar questions

1 reply

Ratings in Music app disappeared from all views except Song view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.