Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I save an image that was sent to me on a text message to my phone photo library? I was able to do this until my iPhone was updated.

Up until I updated my iPhone, I was able to save an image that was sent to me from a text message. How do I send photos to my iPhone that have been sent via text message?

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 6:56 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Robin!

I understand you're unable to save photos sent to you via Messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Make sure you also have the latest updates installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After trying theses steps, try saving a photo as usual.

If the issue continues, do you receive any error messages when attempting to save?

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Robin Malony

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Robin!

I understand you're unable to save photos sent to you via Messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Make sure you also have the latest updates installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After trying theses steps, try saving a photo as usual.

If the issue continues, do you receive any error messages when attempting to save?

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Why can't I save an image that was sent to me on a text message to my phone photo library? I was able to do this until my iPhone was updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.