Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optus 3G (network not working) keeps overriding the working 4G network

Hi,

I’m currently in a somewhat remote location in Australia. I’m with Optus at the moment and there is a 3G network and a 4G network available. Last time I was here both networks were fine but this time the 3G network has 3 bars but the internet will not work via it. The 4G network has only 1 bar but is perfectly fine. It seems as though there is an issue with the nearby 3G tower but because it’s signal is stronger my phone keeps using it. I have 4G selected in settings, how to I stop my phone connecting to the 3G tower which won’t work?

(tried airplane mode and restarting already)

(iPhone 8 model A1863, iOS 13.3)

Thanks in advance

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 9:23 PM

There aren't separate towers for those, if your iPhone is having trouble with the connection with 4G on the tower it will fall back to the 3G connection. There may be a problem with the equipment on the tower, contact Optus.

Similar questions

1 reply

Optus 3G (network not working) keeps overriding the working 4G network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.