Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware invasion

Hello folks,

My company has its own website and so far I was using Microsoft Office 365 EMail system. Yesterday, I have no idea how, as I never open any unknown attachments, or click on unsafe links or buttons, I have been invaded b y a malware which send several malicious spams to many of my contacts. By Apple suggestion, I have Malwarebytes.app installed in my iMac, so I ran it and after detecting the malware I deleted it, but Microsoft blocked my EMail. Due to such I will be changing my EMail system.

I am considering to upgrade Malwarebytes.app (the one I have now is the free version). My questions: Does anyone has experience with Malwarebytes.app paid version? Any other software suggestion?

Thanks Paulo

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 9:17 AM

First, our MACs don't often get hit with malware, but it does occasionally happen. The Malwarebytes app you mentioned is excellent. I use it once a day (manually). I have only found malware on two occasions. The upgraded version, which I did not buy, allows you to set it to run on a scheduled basis: every hour, twice a day, or whatever you choose. I personally do not feel that much coverage is needed, so why pay for it. Hope this is helpful to you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 9:17 AM in response to pmonnerat

First, our MACs don't often get hit with malware, but it does occasionally happen. The Malwarebytes app you mentioned is excellent. I use it once a day (manually). I have only found malware on two occasions. The upgraded version, which I did not buy, allows you to set it to run on a scheduled basis: every hour, twice a day, or whatever you choose. I personally do not feel that much coverage is needed, so why pay for it. Hope this is helpful to you.

Malware invasion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.