Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.10.3.1 crashes

I am unable to get iTunes to work on Windows 10.0.19041. The error message from the Windows Event viewer is:

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.10.3.1, time stamp: 0x5def1a66

Faulting module name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.10.3.1, time stamp: 0x5def1a66

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000011ad8a0

Faulting process id: 0x2b38

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c6159074f9fe

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Report Id: 267af1a1-916d-4c4c-8282-ad9592061863

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I tried installing from the Microsoft store but that version crashes too. I then downloaded iTunes 12.9.1.4 for Windows (64-bit) - iTunes64Setup.exe (2018-10-24) which I got from reading https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562#reinstall. This crashed as well. I was able to get this version running long enough that I was able to go to Help and execute the Update to the current version. This version crashes as well. All crashes occur when iTunes attempts to sync with my iPhone XR.

I ran the setup file as the Windows Administrator.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get iTunes to not crash so I can get my iPhone synced with Outlook 365?

Thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 7:59 AM

Folks, the resolution I discovered was related to the fact that I renamed the computer. The renamed computer was not an authorized device even though the computer before the rename was. Once I authorized the computer iTunes no longer crashed.

While not part of this issue the renaming also caused another problem. Because the renamed computer was not an authorized Office 365 user I had to re-install the Office software. The problem this caused was that when iTunes did it's sync it couldn't find my calendar or contacts.

All issues resolved and all software appears to be behaving.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 7:59 AM in response to saruti

Folks, the resolution I discovered was related to the fact that I renamed the computer. The renamed computer was not an authorized device even though the computer before the rename was. Once I authorized the computer iTunes no longer crashed.

While not part of this issue the renaming also caused another problem. Because the renamed computer was not an authorized Office 365 user I had to re-install the Office software. The problem this caused was that when iTunes did it's sync it couldn't find my calendar or contacts.

All issues resolved and all software appears to be behaving.

itunes 12.10.3.1 crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.