Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Numbers with OS X El Capitan V. 10.11.6

Can't open my Numbers files in cloud. It says to update Numbers. When I try to update the Apple store won't allow the update. Help. I have major Numbers on icloud.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:06 PM

The App store carries only the most recent version of Numbers—at this writing, Numbers 6.2.

The current version of Numbers for Mac requires macOS 10.14 Mojave or macOS 10.15 Catalina

Note that the current version, Catalina, does NOT support 32 bit applications.

Depending on its Model and introduction date, your iMac may or may not be compatibles with either of these macOS versions.

Catalina is available from the Mac App store If your Mac is not compatible, the App Store will not begin the download.

You can find further details regarding downloading and installing Mojave here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190

Regards,

Barry

Note: going mostly from memory here. May be missing some details.

B.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 7:06 PM in response to frankclloyd

The App store carries only the most recent version of Numbers—at this writing, Numbers 6.2.

The current version of Numbers for Mac requires macOS 10.14 Mojave or macOS 10.15 Catalina

Note that the current version, Catalina, does NOT support 32 bit applications.

Depending on its Model and introduction date, your iMac may or may not be compatibles with either of these macOS versions.

Catalina is available from the Mac App store If your Mac is not compatible, the App Store will not begin the download.

You can find further details regarding downloading and installing Mojave here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190

Regards,

Barry

Note: going mostly from memory here. May be missing some details.

B.

Update Numbers with OS X El Capitan V. 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.