Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I tell Mail to resync with an IMAP server?

I have moved my users from macOS High Sierra + Server mail services to macOS Mojave + Server + open source dovecot/postfix/etc (MacPorts). This works in the sense that people can send and receive mail.

One of the things I am running into is that while the inbox is being synced, the Sent mailbox is not. So, users see different content in their Sent emails box depending on the device.

Is there a way to (a) get this fixed and (b) keep it from going wrong again?

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 1:34 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 9, 2020 12:47 PM in response to ProustGiulio

As I wrote immediate after. The change of server has resulted in a situation where one client uses "Sent" and the mailbox for sent mail, while the other client uses "Sent Messages". The same seems to happen for "Deleted Messages". Basically, it has nothing to do with syncing, which works fine. It is that "Sent" was the macOS Server default, which the dovecot supports both and somehow the clients choose one or the other.

How do I tell Mail to resync with an IMAP server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.