Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone device no driver present wont install

Ive reinstalled itunes, but when i attach my iphone to the usb, it does not appear in the windows explorer. Occasionally rebooting the system it will show up. When it does and i begin a transfer of files from the iphone to windows, the transfer always fails after a couple of minutes and it says device has stopped. I am using an official apple usb cable. The usb device manager driver has the following message. How do I get this to work, or how do I manually find and install the correct driver for my windows 10? thanks.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:52 AM

Take a look here:--> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 11, 2020 8:42 AM in response to chas293

This is how I fixed the problem. I uninstalled the iTunes installed by Microsoft store. Went to Apple support website and found "install older versions"; because it appears the latest version always brings you back to Microsoft store for installs. I installed the most recent oldest version for windows from Apple. Started this version of iTunes and allowed it to update to the latest version when it said so. This allowed the Apple scripts to install the latest iTunes version. When I did this, all the drivers were in the correct location in the device manager. It appears the Microsoft store install script is not as robust with the drivers as the Apple script. All good.

iphone device no driver present wont install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.