Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Update Apple Mobile Device USB Drivers

(I already made a post about this but put it in the iTunes community which received no responses so I am posting in a different community, so here it is):

My iPhone 7 plus isn't being recognised by my computer (windows 10) and after following through this apple support page; https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204095 and many other apple support pages and discussions I still have the problem. I have tried updating the drivers but then I run into another problem and i get this message:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Windows found the drivers for your device but encountered an error attempting to install them

Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

i have seen other discussions for this issue but none of the solutions worked and I suspect that this is because I have a different message "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." I have everything up to date and I cannot find any place to get the drivers, thanks in advance for the help. :)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 1, 2020 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:39 AM

Try iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows - Apple Community. If you've installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store you'll probably want to remove that version and use the old fashioned iTunes64Setup.exe installer before you can use the directions as given.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot Update Apple Mobile Device USB Drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.