Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck in pairing mode

Hi, my Apple Watch kept trying to install the new update and got a message every morning that it was unable to. I decided to restart my watch to see if that would help and then started the update process manually. It kept timing out so I reset my watch. In the process it unpaired from my phone. When I turn my watch back on now it starts from the pairing process. I follow the steps to pair via my phone, and it ask's if I would like to complete the update and then pair or skip and update later. I have tried both ways and each time, it will time out or halfway through my phone will say "unpairing from watch". Any help to get this resolved would be appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 8:35 AM

You can try this, If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support and if that does not work, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store and have Apple examine the device.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch stuck in pairing mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.