Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Pairing - no pop-up message when I hold my iPhone close to my Apple Watch

I recently updated my Apple Watch to the new iOS 8 and had to repair it to my iPhone XR. I made sure to update my iPhone to the most recent iOS 15 before starting.

After going through the pairing process, I’m at the stage whereby I am being asked in various languages (eg “Approchez votre iPhone de votre Apple Watch”) to hold my iPhone next to my Apple Watch. I have been holding my iPhone next to my watch now for 10 minutes and I get nothing. According to the instructions I should receive a pop-up message to follow the pairing process but I’m getting nothing.

I tapped the “i” to follow the pairing process manually, but last time I did it it restored my watch to factory settings for some reason but I want my watch restored to the latest back up (I was given the option to pick my latest backup which I did).

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 8:48 PM

See the 'If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing' section in:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Pairing - no pop-up message when I hold my iPhone close to my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.