You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os catalina freezes

After I update to Mac OS Catalina, my iMac keeps freeze up and I need to forcibly turn off by pressing the power button. I have to forcibly power off the iMac almost every 2-3 days. I didn't have that issue with previous OS in the past. Help? Any fixes?

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 5:30 PM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2020 6:19 PM in response to shopfrankly

Hello, friend.

Sorry to know you're having a problem with your Mac. We're users just like you and we're here to help.

The advice given above by den.thed is sound. EtreCheck will run a diagnostic and allow us to know what's going on inside your machine so that we can give you the best help that we can. It will show us no private information.

You can find EtreCheck in the Mac App Store. It's a small download... and it's free... and it's no advertisement. It's a tool that was developed by another user here in the Support Community for just this sort of problem.

We can help you, but we need your help, too.

Thank you. :)

edit - EtreCheck will also tell us exactly what Macintosh model you are having trouble with.

mac os catalina freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.