Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech C930e webcam - flaky performance

Hello.

My C930e Logitech webcam is often not recognized by my iMac (Catalina 10.15.2). When I start a video recording app, the webcam might appear as an option alongside the FaceTime built-in camera. I select it, and it works for a few seconds before freezing and then disappearing from the camera options.

In case it's a driver issue, I downloaded a driver update from Logitech's support site, but it doesn't work because it's from outside the App Store and not trusted. I looked in the App Store for Logitech updates, but I couldn't find any.

I've relocated the USB connector from a hub to a direct USB connection; that didn't fix the problem. I've restarted the iMac to no avail.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you!

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:03 PM

Thank you!

I followed the instructions you provided and got the driver updated.

I also found an article that said to start Quicktime and see if the USB camera shows up there as one of the camera options; it does! Even though other apps and the system report don't show it. This is odd, but after selecting it in QT, I can now select it in other video recording apps and it's working. Meanwhile, the driver is updated so perhaps this won't be an issue going forward.

Thanks again very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 4:03 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you!

I followed the instructions you provided and got the driver updated.

I also found an article that said to start Quicktime and see if the USB camera shows up there as one of the camera options; it does! Even though other apps and the system report don't show it. This is odd, but after selecting it in QT, I can now select it in other video recording apps and it's working. Meanwhile, the driver is updated so perhaps this won't be an issue going forward.

Thanks again very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Logitech C930e webcam - flaky performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.