Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nexigo n680 webcam not working with MacPro OS 10.11.6

The Nexigo N680 webcam says it's compatible with 10.7 and beyond, but it's not being recognized by my MacPro, which is running 10.11.6. The unit is plug and play, so it doesn't need a driver. Is there another workaround? The same issue has now happened on two different units. I returned the first, and I'm about to return the second one. It seems too coincidental that both units are defective. Does anyone have a possible solution for this problem?

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 10:51 AM

Apple rewrote the operating system USB subsystem after OS X Lion, so that webcam may think it is plug-n-play, but in reality, probably is not — with more recent releases of OSX, including El Capitan. You probably are in the market for a more established name brand webcam (e.g. Logitech) that was manufactured more recently than 10 years ago.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 10:51 AM in response to mugsymusic

Apple rewrote the operating system USB subsystem after OS X Lion, so that webcam may think it is plug-n-play, but in reality, probably is not — with more recent releases of OSX, including El Capitan. You probably are in the market for a more established name brand webcam (e.g. Logitech) that was manufactured more recently than 10 years ago.

Nexigo n680 webcam not working with MacPro OS 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.