Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp not backing up - stuck at 95%, enough iCloud storage space

Hi Community,

I have an iPhone 6S. After all the iOs13 bug with the battery, I've kinda mistreated my phone a bit: reset / restore / backup / reset / restore / backup.

I therefore might have lost few settings... I don't know ? but on my Whatsapp, I now have NO BACKUP, it's not working anymore (almost a month, now)

The potential backup gets stuck at 94/95%, and that's it. It doesn't even say there is no iCloud space... I actually have, space.

I have been through all the potential solutions I've found on the net, even took the risk of deleting the app and reinstalling: it funnily enough re opened most of my last conversations, having lost only 1 week data.

I also tried to backup and restore my iPhone... but it's now not working ("cannot restore because an error occurred").

Anyone has any idea? :) Many thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 3:01 PM

Hello Pompoko76,

Thanks for posting your question. As I understand it, you're having some issues backing up WhatsApp to iCloud.

For clarification, how are your other iCloud functions working, like Photos or Contacts?

Have you tried making the backup on a different Wi-Fi network?

If you've tried that, and the issue is specific to backing up WhatsApp, I recommend making sure you've covered all of the steps provided by WhatsApp: WhatsApp FAQ - How to back up to iCloud. If that doesn't help, you would want to work directly with WhatsApp support next.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Pompoko76

Hello Pompoko76,

Thanks for posting your question. As I understand it, you're having some issues backing up WhatsApp to iCloud.

For clarification, how are your other iCloud functions working, like Photos or Contacts?

Have you tried making the backup on a different Wi-Fi network?

If you've tried that, and the issue is specific to backing up WhatsApp, I recommend making sure you've covered all of the steps provided by WhatsApp: WhatsApp FAQ - How to back up to iCloud. If that doesn't help, you would want to work directly with WhatsApp support next.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

WhatsApp not backing up - stuck at 95%, enough iCloud storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.