Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Template - Personal Budget

Using this Numbers template all seemed good when I set it up and added in some receipts. I've gone back in and added more items to a specific category (ie: Food expenses) on the Transaction page and now the "Actual" column totals on the Budget page shows me it is it not correctly adding from the Transactions page. Any suggestions? I do not see a formula for each individual Category otherwise my thought is it's not adding the new rows I've added. Hope this makes sense!

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM

The Category name in column A of the Summary by Category table (first sheet) must match exactly the value you have the Category column C in the Transactions table (second sheet).

If you have added, say, Exotic Food A to the Pop-Up Menu in the Category column C then you need to add a row with that exact same spelling in column A of the summary table.

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM in response to maresacct

The Category name in column A of the Summary by Category table (first sheet) must match exactly the value you have the Category column C in the Transactions table (second sheet).

If you have added, say, Exotic Food A to the Pop-Up Menu in the Category column C then you need to add a row with that exact same spelling in column A of the summary table.

SG

Jan 13, 2020 4:22 PM in response to maresacct

If I understand your question correctly, I think I remember that it functions like Excel in that when a row is added, you might have to copy the formula above that row's "amount" field to the corresponding field in the new row or rows. It is possible to display the formula in a particular field to ensure that it is accurate. I just don't remember off hand specifically how it's done.

Jan 13, 2020 4:34 PM in response to Ronasara

Not entirely sure what you are asking. In the 'Transactions' table amounts are entered in the 'Amount' column. There is no formula there.

The formula in 'Actual' column of the 'Summary ... ' table is =(SUMIF(Transactions::C,A2,Transactions::$D.

That formula refers to the entire columns C and D, and thus will automatically include anything added in new rows in the 'Transactions' table... PROVIDED that you have the spelling consistent, as described above.

SG

Numbers Template - Personal Budget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.