Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only use power button to turn on new MacBook Air

I have disabled the turn on air by opening the lid. But any key can turn on the new air. Does anybody know how to disable it? It is super annoying when you try to clean the keyboard, which is super magnet for finger grease.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Hey lidong80,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions about features of your MacBook Air.

It is expected that MacBook Air from 2018 and later do turn on when any key is pressed, or the trackpad is pressed. You can see more about that here: How to turn your Mac on or off

While there is not an option to adjust or disabled this setting, I do recommend providing your feedback about this feature here:

Product feedback

Thanks again, and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 1:08 PM in response to lidong80

Hey lidong80,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions about features of your MacBook Air.

It is expected that MacBook Air from 2018 and later do turn on when any key is pressed, or the trackpad is pressed. You can see more about that here: How to turn your Mac on or off

While there is not an option to adjust or disabled this setting, I do recommend providing your feedback about this feature here:

Product feedback

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Only use power button to turn on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.