Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Charging

I bought 2 iphones, one red and one purple. The red one charges wirelessly, but the puple one does not. The light on the charger flashes for the purple one. Neither phone has a case on it. How do I turn on wireless charging for the purple phone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 11:25 AM

iphone 11s, one purple 128gb and one red 128gb. The red one charges fine but the purple one does not. I had tried all positions of the charger for charging with no luck. After comparing settings between them, I did a reboot and the purple one now charges with and without the case.

4 replies

Jan 16, 2020 6:21 PM in response to coke4bill

Hey coke4bill,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're running into an issue with charging an iPhone wirelessly. I'd be glad to look into this in more detail with you.

You mentioned buying iPhones but not which model of iPhone. Are they they same model exactly, or do they differ a bit? This might be important because if they're not the same model, one could support wireless charging where the other doesn't. Also, there's not a setting that you enable for wirelessly charging your iPhone. It just needs to be placed on a Qi-certified charger to begin the process. Check out this page to ensure that both of your iPhone's meet the requirements for wireless charging and for a few tips in the "Learn more" section.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone

Have a great day.

Jan 16, 2020 7:28 PM in response to coke4bill

One which model?

Two is it glass backed?

Three, try adjusting the position on the charger, some chargers are not as high quality as others and you may have to set a little off set so to speak - don't try to drag it around but pick it up and wait a second or two and place it straight down in another location slightly to one side or another.

Wireless Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.