Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow iMac, late 2015, EtreCheck report

I have an iMac, late 2015, 8GB with 883GB of storage left. I am getting beachballs on pretty much every application I run, and it is incredibly slow to start up. I have just run an EtreCheck report, which says that "this machine has a hard drive that appears to be failing."

My tech skills are not great, and I have no idea what this report is actually telling me. Could someone review and translate to a recommendation(s) I can implement?

Thanks!!

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:50 AM

Your #1 priority right now is backing up as macjack suggested. After you have a complete backup of the computer using Time Machine or creating a bootable clone (use either SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner) then take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to have the HD replaced. I'd suggest replacing it with an internal SSD which will dramatically improve performance.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 9:50 AM in response to smccanada

Your #1 priority right now is backing up as macjack suggested. After you have a complete backup of the computer using Time Machine or creating a bootable clone (use either SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner) then take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to have the HD replaced. I'd suggest replacing it with an internal SSD which will dramatically improve performance.

Jan 14, 2020 8:12 PM in response to smccanada

Be sure to delete this file & restart...

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.rescue.sa.db4f9d6b-c465-b68c-73f6-3254b88036e7.plist

~ tilde indicates hidden Home Library.

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Slow iMac, late 2015, EtreCheck report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.