Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Shared Purchases Not Working

Hello,

Like many others using Family Sharing, I am getting the error “This app is no longer shared with you.” when trying to open up a shareable app. One app works fine, but two other ones don’t and all three were purchased/downloaded around the same time.

So far I have tried the following with no success:

• Offloading the data then reinstalling the app
  • Deleting the app then re-downloading it through the organizer’s purchased list
  • Signing out of iTunes and logging back in for both accounts, as well as turning the devices off and on (perhaps this complicates matters, but my partner and I each have an iPhone and iPad and I didn’t perform this for all devices)
  • Remaking the family group
  • Contacting Customer Support - they were stumped by this

Does anyone in the community know of other steps I can try? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 12:11 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 5, 2020 11:24 AM in response to stuartpiazza

I received this message on February 5 from a customer support representative who has been keeping in contact with me. As of February 6 it does not work (does not appear to have been included in the 13.3.1 update), but I will keep checking and update you on Friday, February 7 on if it's been resolved or nah.

I’ve already received an update from our Engineering Team and I am glad to inform you that an update that should resolve the issue will be rolled out soon. 

Please try redownloading the app from the Purchased page by Friday [February 7]. If the issue persist, please let us know so that we can have this checked further. 

For more information on how to download purchases by family members, please refer to this article: 

https://support.apple.com/HT201272

Resolving your concern is important to me, so I will be looking forward to your reply. Please give me an update after following my recommendations. Should the issue persist, I will be doing my best to help you further. Take care[...]!

Family Shared Purchases Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.