Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t login to Microsoft Word on my iPad, but it works on my iPhone

Does anyone know how to fix this?

i can’t access Word on my iPad, but I’m logged in on the same account from my phone, and it works.

When I choose start new subscription, it says I’m already subscribed. An then it just goes on like that..

Log in - you don’t have a subscription -> new subscription -> you already have a subscription -> log in -> no subscription.. etc etc

and if I press “settings” in word, it shows that I’m logged in.. still, I can’t create a new document without signing in? But it says I’m signed in?

have tried to login/logout, restart app, and delete and reinstall..

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:14 PM

Hi, I had this exact same problem.

I’ve looked on the Apple forums and it appears this has been a problem since 2015 and no one seems to have a resolution.

Today, I tried everything suggested on all the threads that I could find, and nothing worked. Finally I realised that all the problems seem to be that Microsoft is not sending the subscription information to Apple once you’ve bought the app through Apple. Which is pretty poor because you would think Microsoft would want you to have a seamless experience.

So I wondered, what if I bought the app through Microsoft?

I signed out of the app on my iPad and went to Settings, where I cancelled my subscription. I hadn’t actually paid anything as Microsoft give you a free trial of a month, however I feel bad for people who have paid and can’t access the app - I’m not sure what to do there.

Then I logged into my Microsoft account (via browser desktop version) and purchased a full Office 365 subscription, again with a free month trial.

I went back into my Files on the iPad and opened the Word doc I want to edit, signed in to edit, and after a little wait, it worked!

I can now edit the document and save it.

Obviously this is not ideal but I really needed to work on the iPad today so I was willing to track down a workaround.

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 5:14 PM in response to SofiaDobson

Hi, I had this exact same problem.

I’ve looked on the Apple forums and it appears this has been a problem since 2015 and no one seems to have a resolution.

Today, I tried everything suggested on all the threads that I could find, and nothing worked. Finally I realised that all the problems seem to be that Microsoft is not sending the subscription information to Apple once you’ve bought the app through Apple. Which is pretty poor because you would think Microsoft would want you to have a seamless experience.

So I wondered, what if I bought the app through Microsoft?

I signed out of the app on my iPad and went to Settings, where I cancelled my subscription. I hadn’t actually paid anything as Microsoft give you a free trial of a month, however I feel bad for people who have paid and can’t access the app - I’m not sure what to do there.

Then I logged into my Microsoft account (via browser desktop version) and purchased a full Office 365 subscription, again with a free month trial.

I went back into my Files on the iPad and opened the Word doc I want to edit, signed in to edit, and after a little wait, it worked!

I can now edit the document and save it.

Obviously this is not ideal but I really needed to work on the iPad today so I was willing to track down a workaround.

Good luck!

Jan 19, 2020 2:18 PM in response to SofiaDobson

Try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Can’t login to Microsoft Word on my iPad, but it works on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.