Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error installing mac OS Catalina

Hello.

I'm currently on mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and trying to update to Catalina. When I hit update from App Store Catalina after 10 minutes I get this error

I tried everything I found on the internet regarding this error but could not get it to work ( reset SMC, disable auto proxy, try from another admin user, try in safe mode etc etc ) . What should I do?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 1:35 PM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2020 12:43 PM in response to georgemihoc

Hi georgemihoc,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're getting an error while trying to install macOS Catalina.

I'm glad to help with this.

I suggest that you try to install macOS Catalina from macOS Recovery: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

I also recommend, if you haven't done so already, to make a backup of your Mac so that your files will be safe: How to back up your Mac

Best Regards.

Jan 23, 2020 2:01 PM in response to georgemihoc

Do you have a backup of your Mac as mentioned above? If yes, did you try the erase alternative from the link posted above How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery? Here it is:

2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk

You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.

Error installing mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.