Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iMac Retina with Catalina, neither wireless mouse wired mouse or track pad will move tho cursor smoothly. The cursor dance around. Current Apple support is unhelpful on this. What to do?

On iMac Retina with Catalina, neither wireless mouse wired mouse or track pad will move tho cursor smoothly. The cursor dance around. Current Apple support is unhelpful on this. What to do?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 5:10 PM

Thanks for this advice. I did download EtraCheck and will use it routinely. It reminded me to restart the computer. It has been on Sleep for a long time (shame an me for not checking this universal solution). I restarted and the mouse and trackpad now work properly.

4 replies

Jan 21, 2020 11:55 AM in response to OBEFree

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.