Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find iPhone back up on iTunes

Can't find iPhone back up on iTunes, although it appears in the backup folders when I serach ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 1:25 PM

You have no backup, which is why when you went to edit - preference - device - backup - there was nothing no backups.

And that why on your screenshot - latest backup - never been backed up to this computer.

Sorry you have no backup to restore from.

IOS files is not an itunes backup.

had you erased your phone and during the set up process you select restore from itunes backup, it would've restored if you had on, but you don't.

Last time I will respond to his post you have no itunes backup

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 1:25 PM in response to rahaf55

You have no backup, which is why when you went to edit - preference - device - backup - there was nothing no backups.

And that why on your screenshot - latest backup - never been backed up to this computer.

Sorry you have no backup to restore from.

IOS files is not an itunes backup.

had you erased your phone and during the set up process you select restore from itunes backup, it would've restored if you had on, but you don't.

Last time I will respond to his post you have no itunes backup

Can't find iPhone back up on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.