Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth changes iphone volume when I exit my car

anyone experiencing their volume changing to maximum when they exit their vehicle after been connected to Bluetooth?

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 1:01 PM

Hello GrantdeC,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand the volume will unexpectedly change to maximum when the iPhone disconnects from Bluetooth. I'll do what I can to help.

Here are some suggestions:

Enjoy.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 1:01 PM in response to GrantdeC

Hello GrantdeC,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand the volume will unexpectedly change to maximum when the iPhone disconnects from Bluetooth. I'll do what I can to help.

Here are some suggestions:

Enjoy.

Jan 29, 2020 10:36 AM in response to GrantdeC

GrantdeC,

Thanks for the additional details. Here are some other steps that might help:

• Forget the car pairing with your iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth > 'i' icon next to your vehicle's name > Forget.
  • Restart your iPhone
  • Remove the software on the iPhone and add it back:
    1. Back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
    2. Restore the iPhone to factory settings using a computer: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support
    3. Set up the iPhone as new to test if the behavior still happens.

If it does happen when set up as new, reach out to the Apple Support team: Contact Apple Support

If it doesn't, try restoring your backup to see if it happens again: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Take care.

bluetooth changes iphone volume when I exit my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.