Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disney movies revoked without refund

So any Disney movies I’ve purchased have been removed from my account, which Apple claims is in their right if they no longer offer them, but they are still selling said movies on Apple... how can this be legal? So far I’ve lost both Tron movies, Zootopia, Robin Hood and both Jungle Books. When I go search them on Apple, they are still for sale! That’s $150 worth of movies I’ve lost... should I be worried about all Disney owned movies? Am I going to be robbed of Marvel movies too? I thought the whole ide of digital was to reduce space? Now I need more hard drives to download movies onto so I’m not robbed any more?

Nice scam they’re running here!

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 2:06 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Slimmmerman

That's correct. If Disney decides to sell their movies not through Apple anymore, Apple must remove them from the iTunes Store and the Apple user accounts, so they can't be downloaded anymore. If you did not backup that data on your computer, there is no other way to use the content anymore.

Otherwise they would sue Apple, which could be very costly.

Sadly we users don't own the movies, music, apps or books etc, we just "bought" the right to use them.

That's why Apple now uses the term "Transaction" instead of "purchase", and we as users have to accept these terms, if we still want to use these Media Services.

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

Jan 24, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yes I did... that’s where I got the information from. The email said that, because the movies in question are owned by another company (Disney), if they decide they aren’t going to sell them on another platform, they can revoke them at any time. Because there are so many people in the same situation it was written into the user agreement that this could happen at any time without refund! I missed the “without refund” part when I read that rather extensive agreement but was informed by Apple.

seems to me, that with all the revenue in purchases that they are receiving, there should be refunds when it happens!

Disney movies revoked without refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.