Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade Matched Songs

Been meaning to address this for a while. I subscribed to Apple Music.

I had quite a few songs that were poorly digitized.

It never upgraded them.

I found a thread here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8279892

But it does not seem to work.

I "Remove Download"

Then "Control-Download" again

I get the same poor file.

I am hoping to replace these files without losing their place in play lists.

Must I somehow locate each file and delete before downloading again?

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 6:44 AM

Hi,

What is the iCloud status of the tracks? Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

If the tracks have been uploaded, you won’t be able to upgrade them. In any event, my understanding is that matched tracks will be upgraded to Apple Music which will only be available as long as you have an Apple Music subscription - iTunes Match allows you to upgrade and keep matched tracks.

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 6:44 AM in response to Jimbo435

Hi,

What is the iCloud status of the tracks? Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

If the tracks have been uploaded, you won’t be able to upgrade them. In any event, my understanding is that matched tracks will be upgraded to Apple Music which will only be available as long as you have an Apple Music subscription - iTunes Match allows you to upgrade and keep matched tracks.

Jim

Upgrade Matched Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.