Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find the “Pages: Selected Pages in Sidebar” in the Print sheet of Pages

Hi,

I'm trying to print to PDF a selected number of pages in a Pages document which totals 365 pages.

Problem is: Even after I select the pages I'd like to print to PDF in the sidebar, there's no “Pages: Selected Pages in Sidebar” option in the Pages print sheet, as documented in this 2016 post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7753168

Has this option been removed since then?

Thanks for your help!

K2r

I'm using Pages on either an iMac 2009 running macOS High Sierra or on a MacBook Pro 15” 2018 with Touch Bar running macOS Catalina (same document for both). And the option doesn't show up on neither computers.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:23 AM

Pages are numbered in the sidebar:

Any printer I've used in the past decade or two offered the option in the Print dialogue to print All pages in a document or to set a range of pages to print.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 27, 2020 3:24 AM in response to Barry

@Ian: Thanks! That explains why I couldn't find the option in the post I mentioned.

@Barry: I probably didn't explain my problem properly.

I'm not looking to print from pages 1 to 100 (for instance) in one shot.

I'm looking to print from pages 1 to 5, 8 to 13, 22 to 30 (also “for instance”) in a SINGLE PDF file.

In other words: I'm trying to print to PDF a discontinuous number of pages.

Thanks for your help,

K2r

Jan 27, 2020 2:15 PM in response to K2r

Try 'printing each group of pages to a separate PDF document.

You should then be able to treat the first (or any of the PDF's as the 'master document, and copy the other sets of pages by selecting their thumbnails in each individual document, dragging the set to the sidebar of the master doc, and dropping where you want them to be in the finished doc.

Not quite as easy as setting three (or more) distinct page ranges and 'printing' once, but doable.

Regards,

Barry

Can't find the “Pages: Selected Pages in Sidebar” in the Print sheet of Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.