Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left Airpod battery draining faster than right

So I have a couple different issues going on. The first is:

for a few days I have had issues with the left AirPod not playing any sound. I have done a reset and reconnect the AirPods to my phone twice now and that fixes the issue but I have had to do this twice. Once 2 days again and that fixed it and then it did fit again today so I reset, and reconnected again to fix the issue... This is the first time this has happened.

The second is after I reconnected the AirPods today it showed that the left AirPods was at 17% and the right was 100% and the case was at 92%... I don't use just the right or just the left. I always use them together so to have one almost dead and the other not does not make sense...

Like I stated above I have done the following:

1. Cleaned AirPods - Did not fix
  2. Pulled them out put them in the case and redeployed - did not fix
  3. Did a reset on the case and then reconnect - This did fix the sound issue

Any help is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 10:51 AM

My right AirPod is always 10% lower than my left one for some reason. But that discrepancy is very high... I have seen times when the case fails to charge one side for an unknown reason. Does this happen always or often? If it does, you will need to contact Apple and likely will have to swap out the device for a new set. Contact Apple here: www.support.apple.com/airpods

The other issue you mentioned again, please follow my advice above. We can do a deeper reset (I know you already have. But Apple will make you do this when you contact them) so we can try that once more and then if these issues persist, you'll need to contact Apple about getting them replaced under the warranty.

Try a full re-pair, reset, and try again.

Start with Unpairing/"Forgetting" the Device:

Settings > Bluetooth > Airpods > Forget this device. Confirm it.

Put both Airpods in their case, charge them via Lightning for a few minutes (or preferably until the case is 100%). Unplug them. Open the case and hold the button on the back of the case for 15+ seconds or until the light flashes white. Hold them near your iPhone and see if the pairing screen comes up and pair them. If not, repeat until it does. But if you can't see the screen pop up, then manually pair within Bluetooth.

If it doesn't work, open a case with Apple Support here: https://support.apple.com/airpods

Also please let me know the Firmware Version if it doesn't work:

Settings > General > About > AirPods > Firmware Version

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2020 10:51 AM in response to mikefromfruita

My right AirPod is always 10% lower than my left one for some reason. But that discrepancy is very high... I have seen times when the case fails to charge one side for an unknown reason. Does this happen always or often? If it does, you will need to contact Apple and likely will have to swap out the device for a new set. Contact Apple here: www.support.apple.com/airpods

The other issue you mentioned again, please follow my advice above. We can do a deeper reset (I know you already have. But Apple will make you do this when you contact them) so we can try that once more and then if these issues persist, you'll need to contact Apple about getting them replaced under the warranty.

Try a full re-pair, reset, and try again.

Start with Unpairing/"Forgetting" the Device:

Settings > Bluetooth > Airpods > Forget this device. Confirm it.

Put both Airpods in their case, charge them via Lightning for a few minutes (or preferably until the case is 100%). Unplug them. Open the case and hold the button on the back of the case for 15+ seconds or until the light flashes white. Hold them near your iPhone and see if the pairing screen comes up and pair them. If not, repeat until it does. But if you can't see the screen pop up, then manually pair within Bluetooth.

If it doesn't work, open a case with Apple Support here: https://support.apple.com/airpods

Also please let me know the Firmware Version if it doesn't work:

Settings > General > About > AirPods > Firmware Version

Left Airpod battery draining faster than right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.