Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

couldn't find new ssd drive in disk utility for formate

Hello Dear sir,

I just installed the new ssd drive in my MacBook pro after to time machine back up , couldn't find the destiny and couldn't find any disk in disk utility. Please help me to resolve this problem thanks

Best regard

Dilam

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Within Disk Utility click on "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears in the left pane of Disk Utility.

If this does not work, then what is the exact model of your laptop? You can get this information by entering your serial number here or here. Also what version of macOS was on the old drive?

What make & model of SSD did you purchase?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Dilamdsd

Within Disk Utility click on "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears in the left pane of Disk Utility.

If this does not work, then what is the exact model of your laptop? You can get this information by entering your serial number here or here. Also what version of macOS was on the old drive?

What make & model of SSD did you purchase?

couldn't find new ssd drive in disk utility for formate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.