Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail in Apple Mail ON COMPUTER settings to trash not archive

Suddenly, Gmail is no longer getting removed when I click delete. As is with everything tech, I guess it learned, there was some newest new setting in an update, or .... just because ... and is now sitting in the trash. 250 and counting. I changed nothing. (But, then, most changes that happen on my computer aren't from me... they're some arbitrary update).

What are the settings, (steps please: actually go here>here>here> would be very helpful) to designate the trash to delete the GMAIL and not just put it in the trash bin to repopulate? I'm on an ancient system - a computer - and not an iPhone or iPad, so there's no swiping involved. I tried to find some info but apparently the answers in the top 12000 on google search is for iPhones and iPads. Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 9:19 PM

Thanks for answering. I ended up taking it to the computer department of a store that sells Apple computers. The Technician fixed the problem. I didn't have a google trash can. I don't know where it went. I downloaded a new operating system. Must have happend through that.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 9:19 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for answering. I ended up taking it to the computer department of a store that sells Apple computers. The Technician fixed the problem. I didn't have a google trash can. I don't know where it went. I downloaded a new operating system. Must have happend through that.

Gmail in Apple Mail ON COMPUTER settings to trash not archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.