Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 10.13.6 cannot connect to iCloud

Hello,

I am facing the same issue as this one:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8475469?answerId=33677642022#33677642022

Followed all possible solutions I found, but could not get access to iCloud with my current account.

The problem pop-up last Saturday in afternoon Amsterdam timezone.

I have replaced the hard disk recently by a new SSD, because apparently the HD was already very corrupted and slowing a lot the OS. I lost the connection suddenly while I was transferring data from the backups to the new disk, I was not using time machine.

I could connect iCloud on another user with admin, but not in safe mode.

Here is the EtreCheck report in attachment.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best Regards,

Sérgio

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 3:27 PM

Hello again,

I'm giving here an update.

After reading a last suggestions, I tried something really extreme.

1.- I log OFF Apple account On iTunes;

2.- In "~/Users/[user-folder]/Library/Accounts" I moved all files in folder to desktop;

3.- In "~/Users/[user-folder]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist" I moved this file to desktop;

4.- Rebooted the iMac;

5.- Entered the Apple ID in iCloud access settings, the iMac account password was requested;

After all this steps, I am having again access to my iCloud account with my current profile.

Thanks, and lets hope this will remain and could even help someone else.

Take care. 😉

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 3:27 PM in response to SergioAtLuxembourg

Hello again,

I'm giving here an update.

After reading a last suggestions, I tried something really extreme.

1.- I log OFF Apple account On iTunes;

2.- In "~/Users/[user-folder]/Library/Accounts" I moved all files in folder to desktop;

3.- In "~/Users/[user-folder]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist" I moved this file to desktop;

4.- Rebooted the iMac;

5.- Entered the Apple ID in iCloud access settings, the iMac account password was requested;

After all this steps, I am having again access to my iCloud account with my current profile.

Thanks, and lets hope this will remain and could even help someone else.

Take care. 😉

iMac 10.13.6 cannot connect to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.